In marriage, all that matters at the end of each day, is your faith in God and your love for each other. What I strive for is the ability to end each and every day with the knowledge that I treated my husband with kindness and respect, and that he knew, without a doubt, that he was loved...
Today I start a 40 day journey toward a better marriage, I hope that some of you will come along on this journey, there is always something that we can learn from each other.



Friday, March 6, 2009

day 13 : love fights fair

If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.

—Mark 3:25

TODAY’S DARE

Talk with your spouse about establishing healthy rules of engagement. If your mate is not ready for this, then write out your own personal rules to “fight” by. Resolve to abide by them when the next disagreement occurs.If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap of yesterday: I had to really think about an area of disagreement that Chad and I enter into often enough that it would make a difference if I just gave in and gave him his way. I'm not the best at that! lol I won't go into specific details about what I decided because it wouldn't be fair to air dirty laundry here, but lets just say he'll be quite pleased that I won't be nagging him about a certain issue anymore. It will be hard for me to let this go, it's been a thorn in my side for 13 years, but he's a grown man and obviously, after all this time, I can't make him feel the same way I do about certain things. God made us different, we will always be different, it's better to accept that than fight it...


0 comments:

Post a Comment