In marriage, all that matters at the end of each day, is your faith in God and your love for each other. What I strive for is the ability to end each and every day with the knowledge that I treated my husband with kindness and respect, and that he knew, without a doubt, that he was loved...
Today I start a 40 day journey toward a better marriage, I hope that some of you will come along on this journey, there is always something that we can learn from each other.



Saturday, March 7, 2009

day 14 : love takes delight

Enjoy life with the wife you love all the days of your fleeting life.
—Ecclesiastes 9:9 HCSB

TODAY’S DARE
Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse. Do something he or she would love to do or a project they’d really like to work on. Just be together.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap of yesterday: To say that hubby and I don't know how to fight would be the understatement of the century. Neither one of us ever witnessed our parents fighting, or even disagreeing much for that matter. Nor did we witness the way in which they worked things out. All of those things were taken on drives away from home or behind closed doors. So while I am in no way blaming our parents, we just didn't grow up learning how to work through disagreements.
We are both hard headed and think that we are right, no matter what, and our arguments can get pretty loud. I've been known to slam a door or two, for sure. But the worst part, in my opinion, are the hurtful things that are said that can never, ever, be taken back or forgotten. So with that being said, here are my "personal rules to fight by":

I resolve not to say anything mean or unfair, no name calling or throwing blame at Chad.
From now on I promise to take time to think before acting or speaking, long enough to think things over in a rational manner, instead of letting my emotions get the best of me.

1 comments:

Борис Тодоров said...

My city of Plovdiv.
Europe - Bulgaria.
This city has 7 000 years history.
I was the first capital of the Macedonian Empire by the time of
Philip II and was called Philippolis.

I wish you long life and
much love and dedication among you!
God help you!

http://boristodorov56.blogspot.com
- Справедливост -
- Филибето, майна -

Post a Comment