In marriage, all that matters at the end of each day, is your faith in God and your love for each other. What I strive for is the ability to end each and every day with the knowledge that I treated my husband with kindness and respect, and that he knew, without a doubt, that he was loved...
Today I start a 40 day journey toward a better marriage, I hope that some of you will come along on this journey, there is always something that we can learn from each other.



Tuesday, March 17, 2009

day 22 : love is faithful

I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness. Then you will know the Lord.

—Hosea 2:20

TODAY’S DARE

Love is a choice, not a feeling. It is an initiated action, not a knee-jerk reaction. Choose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. Say to them today in words similar to these, “I love you. Period. I choose to love you even if you don’t love me in return.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, we are already past the half way mark with this project, can you believe it?! This has been such a good thing for me, for my marriage... It has given me the opportunity to take the focus off of what my husband is or isn't doing and put the focus on myself. To make different and better choices, and act in ways other than I'm used to, which is a very good thing. I still have a long way to go, but already being on the road to a better relationship is wonderful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment