In marriage, all that matters at the end of each day, is your faith in God and your love for each other. What I strive for is the ability to end each and every day with the knowledge that I treated my husband with kindness and respect, and that he knew, without a doubt, that he was loved...
Today I start a 40 day journey toward a better marriage, I hope that some of you will come along on this journey, there is always something that we can learn from each other.



Friday, February 27, 2009

day 6 : love is not irritable

He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city.

—Proverbs 16:32

TODAY’S DARE

Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list below of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap of yesterday: I asked my other half what 3 things were that caused him to be irritated, and I'm going to be honest in saying that I thought he could come up with 3 in as many seconds, but he actually had to think about the second 2 for a while! Obviously I am the irritable one in this relationship, because it would take me about 5 seconds to come up with a couple more than 3 things that irritate me. Strange how I'm finding that it's myself I need to work on more than anything else?? lol

So here were the 3 things that he came up with.

1. My temper. He came up with this one real quick, no time for thought on it...

2. My anxiety about money, which is kind of covered under the umbrella of my temper, but he says it's still a separate one all on it's own.

3. Not in "the mood" as often as he'd like... (there, the secret is out, and I to my brother, if you're reading this, just skip this one and don't think about it, cus that's just weird lol)

Not going to try and justify any of them. For 1, I'm not supposed to do that with this challenge, and for 2, he's 100% right, darn him.... lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment